See below for more information
Dessert to Share
1. Please bring a dessert to share. If you need to keep your dessert cold, you may use the refrigerator in the Coffee Room on the third floor.
2. Please bring a serving spoon or cake server with your dessert if it needs one.
3. Please bring a serving spoon or cake or pie server if your dessert needs one. (yes, this is important!)
4. You may make a small tent card with the name of your dessert and/or its ingredients.
5. When you arrive at the abbey for the Christmas Party, please take your dessert to the Lake Room on the third floor of the abbey (the long white building). Set your dessert on the tables in the middle of the room.
6. If you arrive before Mass, you may keep your dessert wrapped and then unwrap it between 11:00 am and Midday prayers.
7. Desserts may also be placed on the tables in the Coffee Room on the third floor.
8. If your dessert needs to be kept cold, you may use the refrigerator in the Coffee Room on the third floor, and the retreat kitchen on the fourth floor if necessary.
9. The Christmas party needs a couple of people (or several to share the task) to make the coffee and keep the coffee pots replenished during the party.
Gifts For Monks
This is completely optional.
1. If you want to buy a gift for a monk, please email
suggested text of the email:
"I want to buy a gift for a monk. Please email me the name of a monk."
2. In that email please include your name!
3. You will receive another email directly to you giving the name of a randomly-selected monk and what items are on his Christmas list.
Monks are asked to list a possible gift, you may buy the listed gift, if possible, but the monk's wish list is only a suggestion.
If you cannot find a listed item, a Wal-mart gift card would be OK.
Monks do not have alcohol on their gift list so please do not give alcohol as a gift.
4. You should spend no more than $35 on the gift, any amount under $35 is OK.
5. Please wrap or use a gift bag for your gift.
6. Add a gift tag with the monk's name. On the gift tag, please write your full name clearly. The monks always want to know the person who gave them a gift.
7. At the Christmas party you will give your gift to your monk. If you need a good ice-breaker, conversation starter with your monk, you might begin by asking him the ice-breaker question and also sharing your answer as well.
The ice-breaker question this year is:
"What is your favorite stained-glass window or painting inside the abbey church?"
Special Thank-you gift for Abbot Isaac, Oblate Director
1. This is completely optional. This Abbot's Gift would allow everyone to participate in a gift to Abbot Isaac. This additional gift would be a special thank you for all Abbot Isaac does for the oblates.
The gift will be a gift card to Amazon.com
2. All those who want to participate in this optional gift will have their names on a Christmas card given to Abbot Isaac.
3. You may give any amount towards this gift to Abbot Isaac. A gift card will be purchased based on the amount of the total pledges received.
4. If you want to participate, please email
stating you want to participate in the Abbot's Gift, include your full name and the amount you want to contribute to this group gift to Abbot Isaac.
5. Then please write your check and mail it to the oblate office:
Saint Leo Abbey Oblate Office
PO BOX 2350
SAINT LEO, FL 33574-2350
Make check payable to Saint Leo Abbey. Mark check "Abbot's gift."
Party Supplies, Set-up, Clean-up, Coffee
If you would like to help with the party supplies or other help, here is what is needed:
1. Setup of the tables before the party, setting up the room
2. Large paper plates
3. Small paper plates
4. Cold drink cups
5. Hot drink cups
7. Plastic utensils
8. A couple of people to make the coffee and keep the coffee pots replenished during the party
9. Cleanup and taking down the decorations after the party, folding the tables
Plan on getting enough for 60 people.
If you can help with supplies or setting up/cleaning up, please email
and include what you will bring and how much, or how you will help. The help is much appreciated.
Thank you very much!!
Names of the monks at Saint Leo Abbey
Cards for Monks (Optional): If you like to send Christmas cards by US Mail or hand out Christmas cards at the party, here are the names and mailing address:
+Father Abbot Isaac
Father Prior Clement
Brother Sub-Prior Timothy
By U.S. Mail:
[Name of Monk or Recipient]
Saint Leo Abbey
PO BOX 2350
SAINT LEO FL 33574-2350
Please do not use the RSVP to request a monk's name or to advise of what supplies you are bringing. This RSVP is only that you (and any guests) are coming to the party!
If you have not signed up for the oblate email list, please sign up here.
Schedule for Christmas Party:
10:00 am Mass
12:00 pm Prayers with monks
12:20 pm Lunch with monks
1:15 pm Christmas party in the Lake Room, 3d floor of the abbey
3:00 pm end of Christmas party